This grassroots effort is dedicated to supporting one of the greatest statesman to every cross the American political stage, Sen. Barack Obama.
He's intelligent yet humble. He's principled yet practical. He's inspiring yet informal. In short, he offers the medicine America so desperately needs after the long Bush nightmare.
His mother is from Kansas and his dad is from Kenya. He understands American values, and he understands how the world percieves America. Sen. Obama comes from middle class America, worked hard and became the first black editor of the Harvard Law Review, and then rejected the big law firm dollars to become an underpaid community organizers on the south side of Chicago. He represents the American Dream, and he's uniquely positioned to put a different face on American foreign policy and bring peace and prosperity to the world, not bombs and American imperialism.
Fellow Texans: If you're trying to decide whether or not to support the honorable Senator from Illinois, just ask yourself some of these questions:
- Are you ready for change?
- Do you still have hope for our country, despite George Bush's disasterous policies?
- Are you willing to support the skinny guy with a funny name?
- Does your Texan pride hurt when George Bush (who wasn't born here) claims he's from Texas?
- Are you hungry for a more optmisitic, less partisan and unifying political dialogue in our country?
- Do you support the Texas-native Dixie Chicks?
- Feeling guilty for letting Ann Richards lose to George Bush for Texas Governor back in 1994?
There's a light at the end of the tunnel. Keep hope alive! Obama '08!